How to Evaluate Your DUI Attorney
Ask Yourself the Right Questions to Make the Right Choice
If you’ve been charged with a DUI, you are likely aware that you
need legal representation. But with so many different choices, you may
feel overwhelmed about selecting the right DUI attorney to represent you.
How do you know you’re making the best decision? Fortunately, feeling
confident in your choice may be easier than you think and it all starts
by asking yourself some important questions.
From the moment you contact the attorney’s office, you should begin
evaluating everything about your experience. The right attorney will make
you feel comfortable from the get-go while also demonstrating a high level
of professionalism. With this in mind, use the following questions to
guide yourself toward the most suitable Tampa
DUI lawyer to handle your case.
First Impressions of the Office
- Was your initial call courteously and professionally handled?
- Was the office easy to find?
- Was parking convenient?
- Was the office neat and tidy?
- Was the office decor client-oriented?
- Were complimentary refreshments provided?
- Were you promptly attended to when you arrived?
- Did you feel important, and not like "just another number"?
- Were you the primary focus of the appointment?
- Were your legal concerns addressed?
- Was your information courteously and professionally taken?
- Were all of your questions answered?
- Was the lawyer's legal consultation thorough enough for you?
- Did the lawyer sufficiently answer your questions?
- Was your overall experience a pleasant one?
- Did the practice focus only on criminal, DUI and traffic law?
- Has the Attorney conducted over 50 trials?
- Are the lawyer's training certificates clearly displayed?
- Is the lawyer a member of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL)?
- Did you meet with the owner of the practice?
- Has the attorney completed a Certified DUI Detection & SFST Training Course?
- Did the consultation seem to fit your needs
- Did the lawyer fully explain your legal needs?
- Will the lawyer provide you with periodic progress reports?
- Is the lawyer up to date on the law?
Fees and Financial Agreements
- Does the fee reflect the quality of service you deserve?
- Is the records costs included in the fee?
- Is the total treatment fee a set amount?
- Did the office explore all possible financial options?
At Hilliard Law, P.L. the legal team works tirelessly to treat clients
like the number one priority. With
free initial consultations and personalized legal assistance, rest assured that your needs come first.
Attorney Hilliard is a member of the National College of DUI Defense and has obtained his
Certificate of Completion in NHTSA DWI Detection & Field Sobriety
Testing. Put simply, he understands the dynamics of even the most complex
DUI cases better than most attorneys in this field.
Contact Hilliard Law, P.L. today to find out why Attorney Hilliard and his team are the right choice
for your case.